Americana Decor Chalky Finish paint is a unique chalk matte finish paint that creates beautiful, vintage décor pieces. Chalky Finish is the absolute best product for painting old furniture and flea market finds or upcycling virtually any piece.
- Easily distressed for a vintage look
- Excellent opaque coverage
- Early adhesion technology to assure adhesion to all prior finishes
- Can be buffed to a smooth, shiny finish on its own or by using a Crème Wax
- Can be mixed with a wax to create transparent wash effects
- Quick and easy clean-up
- Water-based and non-toxic
Shake or stir well. Clean object thoroughly. No sanding or priming necessary. Apply using a soft brush or roller. Allow to dry between coats. Distress if desired. Natural tannins or existing stained finishes may bleed through paint; test on hidden area to ensure stain blocker is not required. For added protection and sheen, seal with Americana Decor Crème Waxes or Americana Decor Varnishes.
Give a distressed look to projects by using water, sandpaper, or resists. Get detailed tutorials on the education page.
Layer multiple colors of paint for a vintage look. Learn how on the education page.
Dampen your brush before painting to minimize brush strokes.
Mix paint colors to create your own custom hue. Get paint mixing tips and example color mixes on the education page.